Thursday, November 10, 2011

Long Post But Worth It!!!

So, I have been checking out a few other blogs and many ladies and some gentlemen out there start their postings out like they are just writing in a journal not as a letter post where they are addressing anyone. Looks like a different way to post and maybe a little easier than always having to figure out how to address their readers. Sometimes I feel like I am always saying the same thing over and over again each day. In saying that I think maybe I will try the next couple of posts like a journal entry rather than a letter. Who knows maybe it will keep me posting more often and easier to post what is going on. I was never that great at a pen pal anyways, lol.
Now I have been working on Christmas cards this last week for an upcoming Christmas Card workshop I have been doing the last couple of years. A few of my closer friends have asked for me to do it again saying they enjoy the chance to get together.  Looks like it could become an annual Christmas tradition. I don't mind really, it is nice to see everyone over the colder months plus it pushes me to design my own cards in the process plus the kids love that it means the house gets it holiday decorations up earlier. My goal for the next few days and probably the next week or so too is to post the cards I am designing and giving my guests the chance to vote on the four or five they like best. That way I can use the cards that were not voted on for my own stash.
So today I have the last of the ABC book photos and one of the Christmas cards. I hope by starting the Christmas cards  this early it doesn't jinx our beautiful weather. I am so loving the mid teens we are having and the kids are loving being able to still kick the soccer ball in the backyard. The supplies for the ABC book is the usual stickles, Recollections paper, ATG gun adhesive, and dollar store bling.




This Christmas Card was made using some Recollections plain and patterned paper, the snowman is a Stampin Up set, the sentiment is a Close to my Heart set, there is glitter glue used as well as dollar store bling. The scalloped circle and the circle were both cut with spellbinders dies. Hope you enjoy and watch out tomorrow for our next two Christmas card choices. I appreciate you taking the time to look and hope your day goes great!!















1 comment:

  1. Wish I could be there to attend your Christmas card workshop. But I hope you won't mind if I use some of your designs when you post them to help me finish my Christmas card making. The ABC books you have been making really tuned out great, the kids will enjoy and hopefully keep them for a long time.
    Looking forward to chatting later xoxox

    ReplyDelete