Thursday, November 17, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

Well not sure how many of us woke up saying that this morning, but wow I could so use a weekend right about now. Weather has turned chilly here and so the kids are not wanting to play soccer in the backyard, which any other parents out there know mean lots of niggles, arguments and tears. The kids don't have a good time either. So I have been playing with the kids and trying to keep the disagreements to a minimum. But I do have a card that I can show you today. Not sure if this one is offered up for the workshop or not, depends on the response to it. If you are not familiar with the paper technique called quilling or "paper filigree", is the craft of curling, bending and arranging small strips of paper to create beautiful and detailed artwork. Now not sure if you want anymore background than that, but if you do you are more than welcome to comment and ask. So the poinsettias on the card were quilled and glue doted to the card. The ribbon which I mistakenly used gold instead of silver to match my words is Stampin Up and the words are a sticker from Class A Peel Stickers by Stampendous. The paper as always is Recollections. I have to tell you I did make the bow on the ribbon with my bow-easy and the cheater method of wrapping and taping the ribbon. The second card I have is using the elf from a stampendous set of mix and match winter friends. Recollections paper is our card-stock and the patterned paper is DCWV "Tis the Season" paper stack from last year. Scalloped circle is spellbinder as well as the circle inside the scallop. The ribbon is Stampin Up as well as the border punch is as well Stampin Up. This card was inspired by the sketch from the website Mojo Mondays. Just leave a message in the comment section if you would like the website. I hope you enjoy and that your Thursday goes by quickly. Thanks for checking in.























No comments:

Post a Comment